As a result of the increasing complexity of the professional world and everyday working life, the demands on the professionalism of the individual continue to increase. Professional fields in education, health and social services as well as in management are particularly challenged to develop the potential of diversity and to combine this with individual resources. For this reason, the Master's program imparts comprehensive transdisciplinary knowledge and a wide range of competences regarding the aforementioned fields.
The program was developed between 2011 and 2012 by and with professors from all EHB degree programs and was launched in the summer semester of 2013.
Advantages, perspectives, focal points
- Choice of an activity-related focus:
- "Health/Social Management" | "Childhood Education" | "Flight and Migration".
- Diversity as a cross-cutting competence that is taught and learned
- A broadening and deepening knowledge as well as competences in a transdisciplinary dimension
- Qualification for tasks in management, in areas of communal/private/church community and educational work or in health/social services
General information on the degree program
Study foci that can be studied (see study progression in the module handbook):
- Qualification for management activities in health and social service institutions at the level of middle and higher management
- Qualification to advise and develop institutions (family centres, non-profit organisations, non-governmental organisations, lobbying organisations for children)
Flight and Migration
- Qualification for migratory and integration-related management activities within administrative, social, health and educational institutions at a middle as well as higher management level. Also included are public and private sector institutions.
The Master's program prepares students for management tasks in fields of work within communities (education, social services or health) with a municipal, private or church character. For this purpose, specialisations with reference to specific fields of activity can be studied.
As a student, you will be enabled to reflect on and design working conditions as well as social interactions in accordance with the content of your studies, taking into account an evangelical view of humanity by examining the ethical dimension of professional leadership.
The 3-semester program has a modular structure:
Completion of the core module as well as two of the bridge and in-depth modules offered
Completion of two of the specialisation modules offered
Research methods, Master's lecture courses and Master's thesis
Acquisition of competences
Graduates are, for example, qualified for:
- Leadership activities in health and social services (middle/higher management) as well as in educational, administrative or cultural institutions.
- Preparation, guidance and analysis of educational processes.
- Perception as well as tolerance/acceptance and professional handling of the various categories of diversity.
- Dealing with political discourses on immigration/integration and the legal conditions of flight/migration.
- Dealing with ethical questions within the potentially envisaged professional fields.
- Connecting, analysing and reflecting on complex processes, for example through existing practical experiences that one has made and the acquisition of transdisciplinary knowledge.