As a result of the increasing complexity of the professional world and everyday working life, the demands on the professionalism of the individual continue to increase. Professional fields in education, health and social services as well as in management are particularly challenged to develop the potential of diversity and to combine this with individual resources. For this reason, the Master's program imparts comprehensive transdisciplinary knowledge and a wide range of competences regarding the aforementioned fields.
The program was developed between 2011 and 2012 by and with professors from all EHB degree programs and was launched in the summer semester of 2013.
Advantages, perspectives, focal points
- Choice of an activity-related focus:
- "Health/Social Management" | "Childhood Education" | "Flight and Migration".
- Diversity as a cross-cutting competence that is taught and learned
- A broadening and deepening knowledge as well as competences in a transdisciplinary dimension
- Qualification for tasks in management, in areas of communal/private/church community and educational work or in health/social services
General information on the degree program
Study foci that can be studied (see study progression in the module handbook):
- Qualification for management activities in health and social service institutions at the level of middle and higher management
- Qualification to advise and develop institutions (family centres, non-profit organisations, non-governmental organisations, lobbying organisations for children)
Flight and Migration
- Qualification for migratory and integration-related management activities within administrative, social, health and educational institutions at a middle as well as higher management level. Also included are public and private sector institutions.
The Master's program prepares students for management tasks in fields of work within communities (education, social services or health) with a municipal, private or church character. For this purpose, specialisations with reference to specific fields of activity can be studied.
As a student, you will be enabled to reflect on and design working conditions as well as social interactions in accordance with the content of your studies, taking into account an evangelical view of humanity by examining the ethical dimension of professional leadership.
The 3-semester program has a modular structure:
Completion of the core module as well as two of the bridge and in-depth modules offered
Completion of two of the specialisation modules offered
Research methods, Master's lecture courses and Master's thesis
Acquisition of competences
Graduates are, for example, qualified for:
- Leadership activities in health and social services (middle/higher management) as well as in educational, administrative or cultural institutions.
- Preparation, guidance and analysis of educational processes.
- Perception as well as tolerance/acceptance and professional handling of the various categories of diversity.
- Dealing with political discourses on immigration/integration and the legal conditions of flight/migration.
- Dealing with ethical questions within the potentially envisaged professional fields.
- Connecting, analysing and reflecting on complex processes, for example through existing practical experiences that one has made and the acquisition of transdisciplinary knowledge.
The general admission requirement is a professionally qualifying university degree in an undergraduate degree program in a social science, humanities, health or humanities discipline or in childhood education, usually with 210 ECTS credits. Graduates of an economics degree program can also apply for the Master's degree program.
Applicants who have completed a university degree in one of the above-mentioned disciplines with a standard period of study of six semesters (usually with 180 ECTS credit points) must provide the missing ECTS credit points through other qualification achievements or until the admission of the Master's thesis (see 'Guidance for applicants with 180 CP' in the download area).
Application deadlines and application documents
Applications are currently possible for the summer semester (start of studies April 1st).
Last application date for the summer semester: January 15th.
Applications are made via the online application portal of the EHB within the application period – starting from the end of November of the previous year of the start of the program until the end of the application period (January 15th).
After registering as an applicant and entering the details of the application process online, print out the 'Application for Admission', complete it and attach the required documents. An application submitted via the online application portal of the EHB alone is not yet valid. The application for admission must be submitted to EHB with the required documents by the application deadline. The date of receipt of the application for admission with all the required documents at EHB is decisive, not the date of the postmark.