Study Nursing in the Bachelor of Nursing
Advantages, perspectives, focus – Why study Bachelor of Nursing at EHB?
- Many years of experience plus innovation: We have been offering the Bachelor of Nursing as a model degree program since 2004 and in the winter semester 2020/21 we will be starting with the implementation of innovative components in accordance with the new Nursing Professions Act.
- Two degrees in 3.5 years and thus it gives our students a decisive advantage on the labour market
- Experienced, committed and clinically active lecturers
- Knowledge transfer which is both science- and practice-oriented
- Numerous proven cooperation projects with health care institutions on a national level and abroad
- Practice-based learning in the "SkillsLab" at the university; here students are practically active and train in a hands-on manner during the theoretical phases
- Provision of an entire practical semester
- Possibility of stays abroad
- Participation in European networks (ENNE; Florence Network)
- Possibility of a wide range of student activities
- Interprofessional teaching and learning with students from other health degree programs.
Acquisition of competences
The successful completion of the degree provides students with the following competences:
- Science-based nursing care for people of all ages
- Control, design and evaluation of quite challenging as well as highly complex nursing processes
- Person- and situation-oriented counselling of people in need of care and their caregivers
- Responsible organisation of cooperation and collaboration within the nursing respectively interprofessional team
- Reflecting on and justifying one's own actions against the background of scientific findings
- Participation in professional development and in the development of quality management concepts, guidelines and expert standards.
Program structure from the winter semester 2020/2021 on
- Professional nursing qualification and Bachelor's degree at the same time
- Generalist study program, i.e. qualification for the care of people of all age groups (health and nursing care, care of the elderly as well as health and children's nursing care)
- Primary qualifying dual study program without a training contract
- Financial support options that are typical for students in other degree programs (BAföG, scholarships, student loans, etc.).
Practical study phases (practical modules) alternate with face-to-face phases at the university (see "Annual overview of study plan" in the downloads and links section).
1st to 6th semester
- Theoretical and practical modules alternate
- Practical modules take place both in inpatient acute and long-term care as well as in outpatient care
- Elective modules help to further develop personal preferences and strengths. A practice module abroad is possible as well as the participation in international networks such as the European Network of Nursing in Higher Education or the Florence Network of Nursing and Midwifery.
- Evidence-based nursing and nursing research from the very beginning, certificate acquisition (e.g. algesiology specialist assistant) is also possible.
- Interdisciplinary elective module for in-depth study (science, counselling, pedagogy)
- Scientific work on a topic as part of the Bachelor's thesis
- The Bachelor of Science degree is internationally recognised and qualifies you to work abroad.
The university has been working successfully for many years with recognised health care institutions in the federal states of Berlin, Brandenburg and Saxony-Anhalt (hospitals, inpatient long-term care facilities, outpatient services, etc.).
The university's practical office provides you with support with regard to choosing fitting practical locations during the course of your studies and puts you in contact with suitable institutions, for example by offering a practical fair. During the practical study phases, you will be supervised by university staff. You can find more information on the website in the section "Practical experience during your studies".
Possibilities for further qualification
The Bachelor's degree (B.Sc.) guarantees access to further national and international Master's programs. Additional opportunities for further qualification can be found under the heading "Further education".